Many people like playing guitars. However, they lack a clear understanding of how a typical guitar functions. All guitars have a capo, a tiny device that clamps the barre with the strings of a guitar. You can use it to raise the pitch of your guitar. It is essential to use a capo when playing all types of music.
Not only does the capo enable beginners to learn to play guitars, but they also allow a guitarist to create unique songs. For example, it is tricky to play finger-picking music without a guitar capo. There are different best guitar capo to select. Each of them has a unique feature and other Specs. But all of them have criteria that possess the best guitar capo, and hence suddenly, anyone discovers they got the best capo they needed. This guide explores the seven best Capo for Acoustic Guitar and what to consider when buying a capo.
- Best Capo for Acoustic Guitar – Reviews in 2022
- 1. Shubb Deluxe S Series Steel String Capo for Acoustic Guitar
- 2. Kyser Quick Change Capo for 6-String Acoustic Guitars – Black
- 3. G7th Performance 2 Capo for 6-String | Silver
- 4. D’Addario Capo for 6-String Electric and Acoustic Guitars | NS Tri Action Capo (Silver)
- 5. Nordic Essentials Capo Deluxe for Guitars | Metallic Gold Nugget
- 6. WINGO Quick Change Wooden Guitar Capo | Metal Pick Necklace
- 7. Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo for Acoustic and Electric Guitar| Black
- 8. Dunlop trigger Capo Acoustic 83cb Curved Guitar | Black
- 9. Fender Phoenix Capo | Black
- 10. Guitarx capo for Guitars, Ukulele, Banjo and Mandolin | Glossy Black
- 11. Planet Waves Capo NS Guitar | Black
- 12. Amumu Bass Guitar Capo FC10 | Red
- 13. Paige Capo 6-String Acoustic Original | Black
- 14. Benvo Guitar 49 Pieces Accessories Kit | Guitar Tools & Changing Kit
- 15. Guitar Capo 2 Pack for Guitars, Ukulele, Banjo, Mandolin, Bass | Lightweight Aluminum
- How to Choose the Best Acoustic Guitar Capo | Buying Guide
Best Capo for Acoustic Guitar – Reviews in 2022
1. Shubb Deluxe S Series Steel String Capo for Acoustic Guitar
The Shubb Capo Series has an ergonomic design. They are among the most sought out capos worldwide. Besides having unique craftsmanship, the capo has extra space. It does not distract you while playing your guitar. Shubb Capo is easy to fix and sturdy. They do not compress the guitar’s strings to its fretboard.
Your guitar won’t produce unnecessary spring vibrations if you fix a Shubb Capo. The Shubb deluxe capo applies uniform pressure across all strings. Its durable and thin nature makes it compact and almost invisible. It allows you to play different tunes without loosening the strings. Along with many reasons, It’s considered one of the best capos for acoustic guitar.
You can customize the capo to fit different guitar necks. Moreover, you can adjust it with screws. It is recommended for people who want to improve their guitar skills.
- Easy to use clamping design
- Thin profile for a firm grip
- Lightweight hence highly portable
- A perfect satin finish
- A short string bar and a narrow fingerboard
2. Kyser Quick Change Capo for 6-String Acoustic Guitars – Black
The Kyser Capo is a classic and durable capo.It allows you to raise the pitch without changing or returning fingering. The Kyser Capo is appropriate for amateur and seasoned guitarists. It will enable you to transpose your guitar quickly using one hand. The capos are available in different colors. They have excellent tuning that requires basic training.
You can adjust the capo to tune better. It is accurate in most acoustic guitars. We advise you to hold the capo to maintain its position firmly. You can place it on your strings through the bass side to prevent the Kyser Guitar Capo from restricting the fretting hand. In a true sense, Kyser Capo remains the best Capo for Acoustic Guitar and is popular in Novice & Amature Guitarist world.
Kyser Capo has an attractive finish which makes it worth your hard-earned money. In addition, it offers an exciting experience as it allows you to lay different keys without changing the fingering.
- Easy to use
- It perfectly fits in 6-string guitars
- A long-lasting aluminum design
- The handle and coiled spring allows you to change the keys
- Silicone fitting to prevent scratches to the neck when you clamp it down
- It does not fit properly on your neck
- You have to bend the strings to position the capo
- The capo is challenging to open further
3. G7th Performance 2 Capo for 6-String | Silver
The G7th Performance 2 Capo is a high-performance Guitar capo that is ideal for many guitars. This Capo applies a unique clamping technique that locks onto its neck. Apply sufficient tension and squeeze can provide the capo to clamp Fretboard. Just release the lever; all you need to do is to remove the G7th Capo. It does not alter the tune of your guitar.
Also, G7th Capo does not produce strange buzzing sounds. It has a sleek and straightforward design. The G7th Performance 2 Capo has excellent control. However, it might not attain the exact precision you could achieve using an adjustment knob.
G7th Capo Silver 6-String is easy to use. It allows you to change the tune using one hand, thus making it suitable for live performances. Besides, you can adjust the capo positions to rhyme with different songs. The G7th Capo is versatile and ideal for other guitars. So, it’s one of the best Capo for Acoustic Guitar all the time.
- Produces clear sound
- Made of a durable zinc-alloy
- Appropriate for all-electric and acoustic guitars
- The cushioning protects its fretboard from scratches
- One-handed tune changing hence making it ideal for live guitarists
- Expensive and not affordable to most amateur guitarists
- Guitars with thick profiles require high pressure to achieve the appropriate tension
- Fret buzz occurs due to poor clamping
4. D’Addario Capo for 6-String Electric and Acoustic Guitars | NS Tri Action Capo (Silver)
If you are looking for the Tri-Action capo, which assures a buzz-free, in-tune performance at any fret, then D’Addario Capo is your perfect match. This Tri-Action Geometry Capo reduces the force required to open and close the capo and applies even tension regardless of neck profile. It’s virtually eliminates pulling the strings side to side and the need to retune during practice.
Along with other features, this NS Tri-Action Capo is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum, making it strong enough to take a beating, which is very lightweight on the fretboard. Apart from this, it adds negligible weight to the neck of the instrument. It also clamps your Capo on the headstock when not in use. And the integrated pick holder stores your pick in a suitable location when playing fingerstyle. It’s mainly designed for use on 6-string electric and acoustic guitars. The micrometer tension adjustment on the silver Tri-Action Capo ensures the proper force is applied to the guitar’s neck for a buzz-free, in-tune performance at any fret.
- Designed for acoustic and electric guitars
- Integrated pick holder
- the durable construction of Aircraft-grade aluminum
- Micrometer tension adjustment system
- Single hand, easy to operate Tri-Action Geometry
- Too much pressure can spoil the micrometer tension adjustment mechanism.
5. Nordic Essentials Capo Deluxe for Guitars | Metallic Gold Nugget
If you need one Capo that fits with different Instruments like Guitar, Ukulele, Banjo, Bass, Mandolin and is suitable for most 6-String and 12-String Instruments. Nordic Essentials Capo is the top-most choice, without any doubt. This durable Capo Made of Premium-Grade Zinc Alloy gives you a Luxury feel. Moreover, you can quickly and easily release and position with one hand without Disturbing Tuning.
Nordic Essentials Capo is a High-quality capo with Heavyweight, but the finish is deep and lustrous. Just a simple squeeze of the pistol-like grip, and the capo opens easily to fit on the neck. Ultimately, Nordic Essentials exerts intense pressure on the strings, but the fret under the capo bar is thick and snuggles up nicely next to a fuss. So, it’s pretty good enough to sustain a long-term journey.
- Steel Spring with Unbeatable Lifetime Warranty
- Ultra-Portable, Easy to Use
- Designed to Fit Different Instruments
- Protective Silicone Pads
6. WINGO Quick Change Wooden Guitar Capo | Metal Pick Necklace
If you need a Perfect Capo for your acoustic, electric guitars, Ukulele, Banjo, and Mandolin, then WINGO can be your next Capo due to its highly Versatile Feature. You can easily and quickly reposition it without a break of your Guitar Tuning. Its high-Quality Silicone Pad and Strong Spring Will Shield Your Instrument Against Buzzes and Scratches.
You also get a lucrative Metal Pick Necklace for your Personalized use case with this 6 String Single-handed Guitar Capo. With the smooth clamping action feature, you can quickly fasten and release just by a soft squeeze with one hand at least effort. When not in use, it stores neatly on the end of your instrument’s headstock.
- No Buzzing & No Scratch
- Easy to Move
- Lightweight and ergonomic shape
- Highly Versatile and Useful
- Spring is a little bit strong, so an extra force is needed to open it.
7. Donner DC-2 Guitar Capo for Acoustic and Electric Guitar| Black
The Donner DC-1 Guitar Capo is super high quality with very easy to use. It doesn’t take a lot of strength to put on and off as some cheap capos do. Due to its High-grade metal materials and strong rust resistance, you can play at any place as long as you want. Its radiant appearance, elegance, and fashionable design make it arrogant looking.
Another great feature of Donner DC-1 Guitar Capo is its suitable spring force that protects your guitar from unwanted damage and makes you feel better while playing. Also, you can save your nail from breaking by using Guitar Picks included within this package. It’s specially designed for folk guitar and electric guitar. But it also fits for banjo, ukulele, mandolin, etc.
- High quality with low price
- No string buzz or Tuning Problem
- Create the best quality or sound
- Incredible smooth finish
- Cannot clamp it on the headstock for later use
8. Dunlop trigger Capo Acoustic 83cb Curved Guitar | Black
Dunlop Capo offers steady string pressure. It applies an efficient on and off mechanism once the spring is loaded. The Dunlop Capo is made of high-quality aluminum, which lasts for several years. That’s why it’s considered one of the best Capo for Acoustic Guitar nowadays.
Besides, it suits six and 12 string acoustic guitars for better tuning. Dunlop Capo is also available in colors such as black, maple pattern, nickel, gold, and smoked chrome. In addition, you can get it in various online stores.
Dunlop Trigger capo has received numerous positive reviews due to the excellent customer experience it offers. Most guitarists look for the best guitar capo that can fit in both 12 and 6-string guitars. It has a rigid spring for proper clamping. Its ergonomic shape allows you to re-position the capo when switching to different frets. In addition, Dunlop Capo has a padded handle for better handling. The padded surface prevents the fretboard from wearing and tearing.
- Easy to use and re-position
- Ergonomic design for quick key tuning
- Durable aluminum material
- Appropriate for banjo, classical guitars, and Ukulele
- Tuning adjustment is necessary when shifting to different songs
- Low-quality imitations
9. Fender Phoenix Capo | Black
The Fender Phoenix Capo is a classic guitar capo that comprises quality accessories. This Fender Capo is made of aluminum hence making it suitable for electric and acoustic guitars. The Capo alters the pitch when you play it behind the fretboard. It maintains the tune without buzzing.
The Fender Capo provides different string tensions due to its versatile nature. Its distinct design makes it fit properly in your hand, allowing you to operate it using one hand. The capo offers steady tuning for you to play well. It is almost invisible when it is in your gig bag or guitar case.
Most Sweet water guitarists like fender capo as it perfectly fits on the neck. It allows them to change guitars while performing. The Guitar capo uses a one-hand tuning mechanism. Furthermore, you can adjust it in a live performance.
- Ideal for acoustic and electric guitars
- It fits properly on your neck
- Easy to swap in concerts due to its one-hand mechanism
- The sleek design leaves sufficient space in the gig bag
- Lightweight aluminum for extended durability and easy portability
- The capo bends the guitar out of tune if it tilts slightly.
10. Guitarx capo for Guitars, Ukulele, Banjo and Mandolin | Glossy Black
The GUITARX is an outstanding modern design Capo that builds actively on zinc alloy. Due to its flexible structure, it is easy to make quick changes between frets and can be positioned further up the neck, away from the fuss. This feature allows an adequate grip with the hand and stays in tune with an excellent intonation in all frets.
This Guitarx Capo is made for electric and acoustic guitars, ukulele, banjo, folk guitars, and mandolin. Another great feature of Guitarx Capo is that its high-quality silicone pad that protects your instrument against damage. Also, guitarx can be adjustable using only one hand. Its steel spring always provides the right amount of tension. It can be conveniently parked at any place for further use.
- No fret or string buzz
- Good quality and durable
- No adjustments or fiddling around necessary
- Powerful Capo Can position for better Chording
- It’s heavy
11. Planet Waves Capo NS Guitar | Black
The Planet Waves Capo design was crafted to concede every player to refine Capo’s tension to their fretboard. As a result, this Planet Waves Capo not only assures buzz-free clarity across all strings but keeps strings from being dragged sharply by over-tension. In the long run, this can also benefit the maintenance of your fretboard and save on upkeep.
Another Great Feature of planet Waves Capo is its micrometer tension adjustment, making this buzz-free in-tune performance at every fret. Furthermore, it is designed to sit precisely over the neck with no chance of missing a string. In addition, it has a low fingerboard profile, so you don’t get caught on it. Finally, apart from all other Capo, the Planet Waves Capo has held all strings solidly in place, allowing the excellent tone and reduced buzz.
- buzz-free in-tune performance at every fret
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Works for both 6 or 12 string acoustic and electric guitars
- patent-pending Ned Steinberger design
- Too lightweight
12. Amumu Bass Guitar Capo FC10 | Red
The Amumu FC10 Guitar Bass Capo offers a great playing experience. The tool has a unique design with a compact look. It is available in different colors, including black, Blue, Green, Red, silver, Zinc Alloy, Black, and Zinc Alloy Silver. It is suitable for 6-string Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin with 2 inches max Fingerboard Width.
The Amumu Capo always maintains the perfect Pressure, which keeps all strings quiet in tune without the buzz. It comprises a lightweight aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy which makes it rigid and light for easy portability. This Spring Style Trigger design allows you for fast changes with a single hand. Moreover, its Curved shape silicone pad is handy to protect your instrument neck from scratches. Overall, it’s a Capo looks very nice and worked fine with any guitar.
- Available in different colors
- Quality sound at an affordable rate
- It does not require constant tuning
- Durable Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy with an attractive finish
- An ergonomic design ideal for most guitars
- We might break plastic hinge piece due to excessive force applied to it
13. Paige Capo 6-String Acoustic Original | Black
The Paige Capo has ordinary packaging. You can park a wrap-around capo behind its nut when it is idle. Then, slide it to an appropriate fretboard and tighten it firmly when you want to use it. There is a screw adjuster in the middle of the neck.
The Paige Capo applies even pressure across each string, thus allowing you to adjust its tension to attain a specific tune. In addition, unlike traditional spring capos, Paige Capo maintains the tune of your guitar. Therefore, you can insert it to minimize string buzz.
Although the Paige Capo is not so famous as Shubb Deluxe or Kyser Quick, this capo is easy to use and move. It enables guitarists to make accurate tension adjustments. Paige Capo is made of lightweight metal. The capo is suitable for buzz-free performances.
- Applies a perpendicular squeeze on the fretboard
- A buzz-free performance
- Perfect tonal enhancement
- Easy to use and adjust
- The capo does not fit beyond the fifth fret
- Paige leaves some strings uncapped, and it is not suitable for vintage style players
14. Benvo Guitar 49 Pieces Accessories Kit | Guitar Tools & Changing Kit
If your starter or a pro guitar player, then the Benvo Guitar Accessories Kit pack is necessary for you all the time. Every time you tired of going to the guitar stores and purchasing or replacing your guitar kits which costs a lot of time and unnecessary money. By choosing this acoustic tools kit, it solves all your problems about your precious instrument fixed!
This whole pack helps you to set up and adjust acoustic guitars a lot. Along with Tool kits, it contains a Capo, which helps to stay in tune with an excellent intonation in all frets. Quickly re-position between frets on stage with a single hand perfectly fits Acoustic and Electric Guitars, Ukulele, Banjo, Folk Guitars, and Mandolin. In addition, its stable silicone pad will protect your instrument again scratches.
All the guitar accessories are of excellent quality, durable and cost-effective. The package includes three sets of guitar strings, one gold set, one brass set, and one multicolor set. They are a beautiful combination for guitar starters, helping to change the line much more comfortably and sooner. Apart from this, it comes with 12 guitar pins (6 ivory and six black) and two pieces of guitar bones, one bone nut, and one bone saddle, which fits most acoustic guitars. Also, it has one bonus pick holder, and you can stick it to your guitar and keep picks close at hand. Five finger picks as a bonus!
- ABS, stainless steel material construction
- multicolor choice option
- Reasonable price
- Effective for almost all string type instruments
- Sound quality might fall due to mid-grade string.
15. Guitar Capo 2 Pack for Guitars, Ukulele, Banjo, Mandolin, Bass | Lightweight Aluminum
This Premium quality 2-Pack Guitar capo is from Nordic Essentials, best suited for Acoustic, Electric & Classical Guitar, Ukulele, Bass, Banjo & Mandolin. Apart from other Guitar Capo, this ultra-Lightweight and Durable Guitar Capo is made of Aircraft-Grade Aluminium, which also comes with an unbeatable Lifetime Warranty.
Along with many other features like the fret pad, spring action, and neck curve clamp, this Guitar Capo looks a lot flexible and time-worthy. There were no strings left floating on any musical Guitar like electric, acoustic, and classical guitars. So far, so good; this one is well fitted for any guitarist for novice to Professional.
- Designed to Fit Different Instruments
- Ultra-Portable and easy to Use
- Extremely Lightweight design
- Steel Spring with Lifetime Warranty
- Red + Gold the two Capos for the Price of One
- Best suited for 6-string, not 12-string
- A little bit bulky on an Average
How to Choose the Best Acoustic Guitar Capo | Buying Guide
Before you buy a capo for your guitar, you have to consider certain factors influencing an acoustic guitar’s performance. In the following section, I have discussed a couple of factors that are the most crucial things you never ignore while buying a Capo. So let’s have a look at them and decide the best Capo from the market.
Curved or Flat
An appropriate best guitar capo matches with the fretboard’s radius of your guitar. A standard guitar has a curve across its strings. Flat capos are suitable for guitars with a flat radius. Ensure that the capo and radius of the guitar match to apply even tension across all its strings. Avoid fixing curved capos on flat guitars as it could result in out-of-tune strings.
The Best Guitar Capo mainly applies tension across its strings. If there is little tension, the guitar might produce weird buzzing sounds when someone picks the strings. Also, if there is too much tension, the notes could switch out of tune. You can adjust the tension of some types of guitar capos while others have constant tension.
Ease of Use
Many Guitar Capo is easy to fix in a guitar. Just clamp the capo and play your guitar. Other models need extra time to install. They need fine adjustments in the right places. Your goals determine the type of guitar you require. For example, live performers require an easy-to-use capo to change their capo positions.
Squeeze and clamp the capo in place. Recording guitarists need a capo that they can adjust and fine-tune to get the right tune. Although it could be time-consuming, it is necessary to position your capo to create a stable note.
Some capos need more time to set up compared to others. This is because they are more sophisticated than clamp-type capos. Such capos have an adjustment knob that allows you to apply an ideal tension. A slight variation in pressure could bend your note out of tune. Therefore, it is wise to select the best guitar capo that enables you to alter the tension. Also, it should match your guitar.
Reputable brands such as A’Addario NS-Tri-Action, Jim Dunlop Trigger, and Kyser Quick-Change produce a wide array of spring capo. You can swiftly pop the capo when switching from one song to another. However, the spring capo is not adjustable. They pull sideways in some guitars. You could use a screw clamp to hold the capo in place.
FAQs for Best Capo for Acoustic Guitar
We are here to help you out and respond within a short time. Plus, you can find most answers to your questions right on this page.
1. What is a Guitar Capo?
A capo is a musical device in which an artist uses on the neck of a stringed instrument such as a Guitar to transpose and shorten the playable length of the strings—hence raising the pitch in a considerable amount. Capo is the most common tool for players of String Instrument such as guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, mandolas, bouzoukis, and banjos.
2. How to make a Capo?
The main reason for using a Capo Guitar is to shorten the string path, and here is the trick. First, let’s see how to build one. OK, all we need is a wooden pencil and a couple of rubber bands. Firstly, Mark which position we place the Capo Guitar, then put the pencil on that place and hold with the finger. After that, grab the rubber band to tighten the pencil onto the guitar neck by wrapping two ends of the pencil. In that time, the fretboard remains in the middle line of the two fences and uses as much rubber as you want for tightening purposes.
3. What are the benefits of Using a Capo?
Besides changing the keys of a particular song, a capo offers other benefits such as:
Simplifying difficult chords: If your guitar has complex chords, you can use a high-quality capo to streamline them. It enables you to play different types of songs. Besides, it is essential for amateur guitarists who are inexperienced in creating appropriate chord shapes. We recommend playing with the chord rather than learning specific chords for each song. Customarily, frets appear to be close in a typical capo.
One-hand operation: All capos are easy to use. The quick-release system enables you to operate a capo using one hand. It requires minimum pressure to fret notes. Also, it is not necessary to press your fingers hard to reach the required tension. It allows you to have extended live performances.
Cost: There are many types of capos to select. Most manufacturers aim at producing devices that are affordable to a large clientele. Some capos can improve your creativity and guitar tuning skills.
4. What does a Capo do?
Most Musicians commonly use a capo to raise and change the pitch of the Fretted instrument like a Guitar so that they can easily play different chords using the same Key fingerings as playing an open Chord. With the help of the Capo guitar, a musician usually plays the same chords in any fret position along the neck of the guitar and henceforth creates a new nut at a higher note than the instrument’s actual nut. But, it’s the prime condition to select the best Capo for Acoustic Guitar first and hold your practice repetitively as long as it becomes perfect.
5. What is a Capo used for?
Basically, Guitar Capo is being done a great job by clamping down across the fingerboard at a specific fret. This can operate as a threaded bolt, elastic, or springs by shortening the string length. Particularly, by collapsing the string, a capo guitar can create any specific nut, and hence pitches are produced at any position of an open string of the guitar.
Considering all aspects of playing the guitar, I have to focus on a good capo. This is a great thing for musicians and guitarists to shorten the length of the guitar string to create specific notes and chords in any particular position on the fingerboard.
So, by choosing the best Capo for Acoustic Guitar and different Capo and starting the practicing, create extra Cord from major to minor by following string shortening technique and saving lots of money to avoid destroying your String during play.
So, enough is enough. Let’s buy a good capo by checking its feature and guide of review. I think my article can lead a pathway to find your next capo if you have one or a fresh one for a novice. Hope I have covered everything, but if you need to know any further, then contact me; I will help you out, that’s for sure.
You Might Also Be Interested In: